M+ Internship Programme is a unique opportunity for those who are interested in developing a career in the museum field. Interns will be able to work closely with M+’s professional staff full-time for a period of three months and gain practical and theoretical training in curatorial practice, art education and museum operations. This is a paid internship that runs on a recurring basis, with openings every year for Autumn and Spring.
You need to:
- Possess a recognised university degree or equivalent qualification in art, design, architecture, moving image, art education, museum studies or a related subject;
- Have strong interest in working professionally in the museum field;
- Have a good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese / Mandarin;
- Possess some relevant working experience is preferred but not required.
You will be able to:
- Learn about M+, its current development, mission, collection and programmes;
- Gain practical and theoretical training in museum work through active involvement in our on-going projects while working closely with the M+ team;
- Research on topics that will contribute to the development of the museum and upcoming programmes;
- Join discussions, talks, exhibition openings and other related events.
Start / End dates slightly negotiable
Spring: 2 March – 29 May 2015
Application period: Now until Mon 5 Jan 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Ref no.: 14007b
Interested candidates should send the completed application form along with a resume, quoting the “M+ Internship Programme (Spring or Autumn intake)” and reference number. via [email protected] or by mail to West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, 29/F, Tower 6, The Gateway, 9 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. For enquiries, please contact Ms Catherine Lee at +852 2200 0121.