News of the cancellation of Art Stage at Marina Bay Sands broke on January 16, the same day as the opening of Art Outreach’s IMPART Collectors’ Show. As the IMPART Collectors’ Show and other IMPART initiatives (a symposium as well as an awards dinner and gala) are all Singapore Art Week (SAW) events supported by National Arts Council, Singapore Tourism Board and Singapore Economic Development Board, and are hosted by Marina Bay Sands at their Art Science Museum and at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, many stakeholders were at the opening of the Show. A collective agreement was made to band together to help the affected galleries.
The result is the ARTery, a pop-up to offer a platform for stranded Art Stage exhibitors who are severely impacted by the cancellation of Art Stage. As many exhibitors have already shipped their works here, Art Outreach and its partners hope that this collective gesture will underscore their sentiments of support and friendship to the art community and hopefully mitigate the distress of some of the exhibitors.
The confirmed galleries are:
1) Artify Gallery (Hong Kong)
2) BLINK Gallery (Hong Kong)
3) Galerie GAIA (South Korea)
4) Gallery Khankhalaev (Russia)
5) Gnani Arts (Singapore)
6) Linda Gallery (Beijing / Singapore / Jakarta)
7) Mazel Galerie (Belgium / Singapore)
8) Mookji – JEON Art Collaboration (South Korea)
9) NEW MUSEUM (South Korea)
10) Tang Contemporary Art (China / Hong Kong / Bangkok)
11) Tanya Baxter Contemporary (U.K. / Hong Kong)
12) THE FARKASH Gallery (Israel)
13) VISIONAIRS GALLERY (France / Singapore)
14) WHITESTONE (Japan / Hong Kong / Taiwan)
The ARTery will be held at Hall A, Marina Sands Expo & Convention Centre, from Thursday 24 January to Sunday 27 January 2019, 11am to 7pm daily. Admission is free.
A Singapore Art Week shuttle bus, sponsored by Phillips Auctioneers, will be providing shuttle services on the following dates and times:
• Friday 25 January 2019: once per hour from 4pm to 9pm
• Saturday 26 January 2019: once per hour from 11am to 6pm
• Sunday 27 January 2019: once per hour from 11am to 6pm
The shuttle bus will go on a loop service between Marina Bay Sands, National Gallery Singapore and Gillman Barracks.
The ARTery is organised with support from Marina Bay Sands, and with the assistance of the agencies behind Singapore Art Week – National Arts Council, Singapore Tourism Board and Singapore Economic Development Board.
Art Outreach http://www.artoutreachsingapore.org is a non-profit organisation that promotes visual literacy in Singapore. Since 2017, Art Outreach has organised the IMPART Collectors’ Show, Symposium and Awards Gala, as part of Singapore Art Week.