International Art Award | free theme | open to all
The call for artists of the 13th Arte Laguna Prize has officially opened. Arte Laguna Prize is the international art contest that has been promoting contemporary art for thirteen years, collecting thousands of applications from artists from all over the world, selected by a jury of excellence for the great exhibition in March in the evocative spaces of the Arsenale of Venice. In addition, the participants have the chance to win several awards in collaboration with companies, foundations, galleries, including cash prizes.
Submission dateline: NOVEMBER 27TH 2018
FINAL EXHIBITION: ARSENALE OF VENICE
The collective exhibition will take place in the historical location of the Arsenale in Venice in March 2019 The exhibition’s opening ceremony will be on March 16th, 2019.
LOCATION: Arte Laguna Prize – Art Exhibition, Sestriere Castello, 6611, 30122 Venezia VE
10 Contest categories: painting, sculpture and installation, photographic art, video art and short films, performance, virtual art, digital graphics, land art and this year’s new entry, urban art, design. The theme is free and there are no age or nationality restrictions.
The selection of the artworks will be made by an international jury composed of high-level experts.
The artists can win:
• 6 cash prizes of € 7.000 each
• a great exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice
• publication of a bilingual catalogue
• 4 collaborations with Made in Italy companies
• participation in 4 Festivals and collective exhibitions
• 4 exhibitions in international art Galleries
• 9 Art Residencies
• 2 collaboration with Art platforms and Supporters
• ARS Prize for plastic
WHAT THE ARTISTS WIN
• Prize money
• € 7.000,00 Painting
• € 7.000,00 Sculpture and Installation | Virtual Art
• € 7.000,00 Photographic Art | Digital Graphics
• € 7.000,00 Video Art and Short Films | Performance
• € 7.000,00 Land Art | Urban Art
• € 7.000,00 Design
4 Artist in Gallery Prizes
Realization of 4 personal exhibitions in international Art Galleries including: set-up, grant of € 500 and a dedicated digital catalogue.
♣ Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister, Regensburg Germany
♣ Várfok Galéria, Budapest, Hungary
♣ Anise Gallery, London, United Kingdom
♣ Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, New Orleans, United States
9 Artist in Residence Prizes
Art Residency programs in Italy and abroad in order to provide a space and time to experience a new culture, create new works and participate in new activities in a multicultural environment.
♣ Open Dream, Treviso Italy
♣ Lanificio Paoletti, Follina (Treviso), Italy
♣ GLO’ART, Lanaken Belgium
♣ Espronceda, Barcelona Spain
♣ Basu Foundation for the Arts, Kolkata India
♣ Farm Cultural Park, Favara (Agrigento), Italy
♣ Maradiva Cultural Residency, Flic-en-Flac, Mauritius
♣ Centrale Fies, Dro (Trento), Italy
♣ Nuart Festival, Stavanger, Norway
4 Business for Art Prizes
Collaborations with companies meant to connect creativity with the production sector.
1) Fraccaro Spumadoro, Treviso, Italy : Prize of 2000€ for the winning project. Participation requires the presentation of works or graphic proposals to be applied to the packaging of the products by Fraccaro Spumadoro.
2) Tessitura Luigi Bevilacqua, Venice, Italy: a supply of the precious Velvet Soprarizzo Leoni made with a loom from 1700 and worth €2,000 for the realization of a project involving the use of fabric. 47 3) Anno Domini, Treviso, Italy: Prize of 2000€ for the winning project. Participation requires the presentation of site-specific installations or projects designed for the spaces of 47 Anno Domini. 4)Maglificio Giordano’s, Cappella Maggiore (Treviso), Italy: Prize of 2000€ for the winning proposal. Participation requires the submission of works or art projects where the connection with the fashion world is predominant.
2 Art Platforms & Supporters Prizes Collaborations with foundations and institutions whose main mission is to promote art and support artists and their careers.
♣ The Art Spirit Foundation, Connecticut, United States: Prize of 3000€ for the winning artwork made with the use of pastels.
♣ Biafarin, Toronto, Canada: Prize of 1500 US$ to 3 selected artists (Each 500 US$); promotional awards for 30 selected artists
4 Festivals & Exhibitions
International collaborations with festivals and organizations to create a network where artists, visibility, and new projects meet.
-Art Stays, Ptuj, Slovenia: participation in the Festival and 7-day stay
-Art Nova 100, Beijing, China: exhibition of the 10 finalist videos in Summer 2019
-TraVellArt by Arte Communications, Venice, Italy: exhibition of the works by 1 selected artist at Hotel Savoia & Jolanda in Venice –Photolux Festival, Lucca, Italy: Participation in the festival dedicated to photography (November 23rd – 24th 2019)
ARS Prize (Art, Re-use, Sustainability) for plastic
3.000€ cash prize for the best creative idea that enhances the strategy RRR: Re-use, Reduce, Recycle. In collaboration with COREPLA and Ca’Foscari Sostenibile.
The selection of the artworks will be made by an international jury composed of high level experts.
Head of the jury: Igor Zanti (Italy, Curator and Art Critic) JURY Maxa Zoller (Germany, Artistic director of the International Film Festival Dortmund/Cologne)
Eva González-Sancho (Spain, Co-curator of the first Oslo Biennial)
Vasili Tsereteli (Russia, Director of the Moscow Museum of Modern Art)
Flavio Arensi (Italy, Director of the museums of Legnano, Milan)
Alessandra Tiddia (Italy, Chief curator at Mart Museum of Trento and Rovereto)
Richard Noyce (United Kingdom, Writer, scholar and art critic)
Simone Pallotta (Italy, Curator of public and urban art)
Enrico Stefanelli (Italy, Artistic director of Photolux Festival, Lucca)
Filippo Andreatta (Italy, Co-curator of Centrale Fies and Theatre-maker)
Alfonso Femia (Italy, Architect)
Danilo Premoli (Italy, Architect and designer)
Mattias Givell (Sweden, Co-director of Wanås Konst, Vännäs)
Submit at https://www.artelagunaprize.com/